This recipe is a crowd favorite and never disappoints! Amongst being packed with fiber and protein from the chickpeas and nuts this recipe can be whipped up quickly in a food processor for a last minute dessert idea. I promise no one will ever know these are made with beans so be sure not to tell any picky eaters you serve them to!
What you need:
- 2 cans (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup natural peanut butter (can sub almond butter)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chunks plus 2 tablespoons (I like Enjoy Life brand)
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch pan (can use grassfed butter or coconut oil)
- In a food processor, add all ingredients except chocolate chunks and process until batter is smooth. Fold in chocolate chips (I like enjoy life dark chocolate chunks) – batter will be thick!
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle 2 tablespoons of chocolate chunks on top
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
Adapted from ambitious kitchen