This recipe is my healthier, low sugar take on chocolate chip cookies & a crowd favorite that never disappoints! Amongst being packed with fiber and protein from the chickpeas and tahini this recipe can be whipped up quickly in a food processor for a last minute dessert idea to bring to a picnic or a get together. I promise no one will ever know these are made with beans so be sure not to tell any picky eaters you serve them to!
What you need:
- 1 can (15 oz) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup tahini (or almond/peanut)
- 1/4 cup raw maple syrup
- 1 dropper liquid stevia
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegan (or regular) chocolate chips/chunks
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8×8 inch pan (can use grassfed butter or coconut oil)
- Combine all ingredients except choco chips in a food processor until smooth
- Fold in chocolate chips (I like lilys stevia chocolate chips)
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan then sprinkle w/ a few more chips
- Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean and edges are a tiny bit brown. The batter may look underdone, but you don’t want them to dry out!
- Cool and then store in the fridge or freeze!