These are a healthified take on the cookie we all love! In addition to having no added sugar, these balls have healthy omega 3 fats from the walnuts and plenty of blood sugar balancing fiber from the oats, flaxseed and coconut. These are quite addictive so I recommend doubling the recipe so you have plenty on hand when a sweet craving strikes:)
What you need:
- Dry ingredients:
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 c finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c gluten free rolled oats
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- 2 T ground flaxseed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Wet ingredients:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter (melted)- can probably sub coco oil
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter
- Optional: ~1 dropperful of vanilla liquid stevia (can also sub 2 T maple syrup or omit completely)
How you do it:
- Combine all wet ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a larger bowl mix all dry ingredients. Add wet to dry and then roll into balls.
- Freeze for about an hour and serve!
Makes about 8-10 balls