The secret to a cluster-y granola? Add an egg white! This granola is sure to be your new favorite go-to and is easy to alter based on whatever nuts/seeds/dried fruits you have. I also have played with using liquid stevia vs. maple syrup to make completely free of sugar. I like to add brazil nuts as they are packed with selenium-a potent antioxidant that many of us are deficient in and can also help boost thyroid function!
What you need:
- 2 cups Gluten Free Old Fashioned Oats (I love GF Harvest brand)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3-4 T shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped organic walnuts and cashews
- 4 chopped organic brazil nuts
- 2 T pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup organic raisins
- 2 T organic coconut oil melted
- 3-4 T maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (gluten free)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 300
- Whisk coconut oil, maple syrup, egg white, vanilla, salt together in a large bowl
- Combine oats, cinnamon, nuts, seeds, dried fruits in a separate bowl
- Pour wet over dry ingredients and combine
- Pour granola mixture onto a parchment lined baking sheet and form into a large donut shape (there should be a hole in the middle and the granola mix should form a large circle)
- Bake ~25 minutes or until golden; this will make your home smell amazing!
Tip: Store in an airtight container such as a mason jar for up to a week. I enjoy topped on chia seed pudding or unsweetened dairy free yogurt.