Does anyone else feel the struggle is real when it comes to trying to find a good matcha latte in Boston? If you have found a spot in the Boston area that makes tasty ones then help a sista out! (I know Whole Foods makes them but they are just ok in my opinion). For now, I have yet to find one better than the one I make myself.
Thanks to the green tea leaves this latte is packed with polyphenols (think detox/healthy skin) and L theanine (think stress relief) as well as loaded with healthy fats from the coconut butter-a naturally antifungal/antimicrobial fruit (think improving gut health by getting the bad bacteria out). I add maca powder for balancing energy and hormones as well as collagen for a boost of gut healing protein.
Basically, a healer in a mug:)
What you need:
- 2 tsp organic Matcha powder (I like Jade Leaf or Green Foods)
- 1 T coconut butter (I like Thrive market brand) or 1/2 coconut butter 1/2 MCT oil
- 1-2 T hot water
- 1 cup organic almond milk (I like The New Barn vanilla unsweetened almond milk
- optional: 1/2 tsp maca powder or adaptogenic powder of choice
- optional: 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 1 scoop Vital Proteins collagen peptides
How you do it:
- All in a blender (I use Ninja): matcha powder, coconut butter, maca powder
- Pour in hot water first, then add in almond milk
- Add in collagen powder and cinnamon
- Blend until frothy and serve immediately!