This recipe is a staple for breakfast meal prep. This is a great way to get in a healthy dose of fats and fiber into your morning and awesome for taking on the go! I love to top mine off with fresh berries, a spoonful of sunflower seed butter, shredded coconut and chopped nuts or energy balls if I have them on hand. You can add sweetener to this if you choose; I like to keep added sugars out of meals whenever I can and this one tastes great without it!
What you need:
- 1 cup canned lite organic coconut milk
- 1 cup unsweetened organic almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic chia seeds
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For toppings: chopped berries, shredded coconut, almond/sunflower seed butter, coconut cult yogurt, granola, etc
How you do it:
- Combine coconut milk, almond milk and vanilla in a large mason jar or container
- Add chia seeds and seal container; shake to combine
- Let sit overnight; spoon out into a bowl and add toppings of choice!
(Recipe above yields ~3-4 servings)