This recipe is a new fav of mine! Great to help cut a sweet tooth when the going of sugar free, keto or candida diets gets tough! These are high in healthy fats so they are very satiating and help cut cravings. PS: they taste similar to snickerdoodle cookie dough 🙂
These also provide a gut healing benefit thanks to the collagen peptides and ghee (ghee is one of the best sources of butyrate in the diet-a short chain fatty acid linked to improved gut health, immunity and colon cancer prevention. Read more about butyrate in my recent blog post on the Five Journeys blog.
What you need:
- 3 T melted coconut manna (coconut butter)
- 3 T MCT oil
- 2 tbsp ghee (I used Fourth & Heart salted ghee but the vanilla bean is highly recommended)
- 2 droppers of liquid stevia (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 scoops collagen peptides (I used Vital Proteins)
- ½-¾ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 2/3 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- Extra cinnamon for topping!
How you do it:
- Melt coconut manna and ghee together in a large bowl, add in MCT oil, stevia and vanilla
- In another bowl whisk/sift together collagen, cinnamon, coconut flour, almond flour and coconut flakes; add to wet ingredients
- Using a small scoop or tablespoon scoop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with more cinnamon
- Freeze at least 30 minutes and enjoy!
Tip: Store in the freezer and enjoy whenever you need a sweet treat without breaking your sugar free plan 🙂
Makes about 6-8 balls
Recipe adapted from Rachel’s Good Eats