This is an easy and more gut friendly nut-free milk that you can make in a pinch and avoid any gums/additives that you find in most plant-based milks these days! I love whipping up a batch of this to add to my smoothies, matcha lattes or for making chia pudding! If you don’t have a high speed blender like a Vitamix or Blendtec you may need to use a cheesecloth or milk bag for straining.
What you need:
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups filtered water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (make sure GF)
- Pinch of himalayan sea salt
- optional: local honey, cinnamon, cacao powder, nutmeg
How you do it:
- Add all ingredients above to a high speed blender (Ideally vitamix or blendtec) until creamy
- Add optional ingredients to taste!
Makes four 1/2 cup servings
Store in a mason jar in the fridge for 2-3 days; shake well before using.