These cookies are made with my favorite nutrient dense superfood of the moment-tigernuts! These little nut-free root vegetables make a delicious fiber-rich flour once blended up and offer a nutty flavor without the nuts! These are not only free of nuts but SUPER allergy friendly as they are free of gluten, soy, eggs and peanuts!
What you need:
- 1 cup tigernut flour
- 2 T cassava flour
- 2 tsp grass fed gelatin
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup salted butter (I used Vital Farms)-room temp-use ghee if AIP
- ¼ cup coconut oil-liquid (can use other liquid oil like olive)
- 2 T raw local honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ c chocolate chips**-I used Pascha unsweetened but Lilys stevia chips work well here too!
How you do it:
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine flours, gelatin, baking soda all in a large bowl with a whisk-make sure there are no clumps in the flours
- Mix together room temp butter/oil, honey, vanilla and add to dry ingredients; mix until combined
- Fold in carob/chocolate chips or other add in
- Scoop large tablespoonfuls onto lined cookie sheet and flatten tops a bit
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges just golden-don’t over-bake!
Makes 12 cookies
**Use carob chips if strict AIP; use macadamia nuts/coconut flakes if strict low histamine