If you have a crazy sweet tooth but like to find tasty treats with health benefits-this recipe is yours to savor! Super simple and easily interchangeable ingredients is the name of the game here. You can use any type of raw nuts and seeds and sub the coconut butter for coconut oil or another fat of choice. These are loaded with healthy plant based fats, antioxidants from the cacao, and naturally sweetened with a small portion of dates. For those of you who deal with regular gas, distention and bloating the fresh mint is a natural stomach soother and digestive relief aid.
What you need:
- 1.5 cup raw nuts/seeds (I used a mix of organic walnuts, cashews and sunflower seeds)
- 2 dates (soaked for 5-10 min in hot water to soften, depitted)
- 2 T cacao powder
- 1 T each flax seed, chia seed, maca powder
- 1/4 cup melted coconut butter
- 2 scoops collagen peptides
- 3-4 T unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 handful of fresh mint or 1-2 tsp peppermint extract
- Optional: 1/2 cup cacao nibs or mini dark chocolate chips
How you do it:
- Combine all ingredients (except cacao nibs/chips) into a food processor and mix to combine all into a thick tough
- Fold in cacao nibs or chips
- Roll into balls and freeze; Can store up to a week in the fridge or much longer frozen!
Makes about 10-12 balls